Major Admission & Application
Admittance to the International Studies Major is by application only. Applications are accepted Fall, Winter, and Spring terms. The deadline for applications is always 11:59 pm on Monday of Week 4 of a given term. Applications are not accepted during the Summer term.
Fall 2019 Application Cycle
October 1, 2019 through October 21, 2019
Winter 2020 Application Cycle
January 6, 2020 through January 27, 2020
Spring 2020 Application Cycle
March 30, 2020 through April 20, 2010
Application Eligibility Requirements
- Must declare the INTL Pre-Major (PINS) with the Undergraduate Coordinator.
- Completion of the International Studies Pre-Major Checklist.
- A cumulative UO GPA of 3.0 or above, or 3 consecutive terms of 3.0 or higher, is required for admission to the International Studies Major.
- Applicant Profile
- International Studies Pre-Major Checklist
- Appointment with Global Connections Advisor in Tykeson Hall*
- INTL Undergraduate Major Planner on file
- Faculty Mentor verification (including either email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a signed form)
- Unofficial UO Transcripts (download from Duckweb)
- Three 250-400 Word Essays:
- How did you become interested in international issues?
- What are your current thoughts about a future vocation or profession?
- How will you fulfill the requirements for the major?
- What is your specific geographic area of study and how will you fulfill the third-year language requirement directly related to this area? (International students should reflect on completing their AEIS & Written English requirements)
- What is your professional concentration and who is your preferred Faculty Mentor that will help you navigate this professional concentration?
- How do your choices for geographic and professional foci combine to meet your academic goals in International Studies?
*Make an advising appointment with a Global Connections Advisor in Tykeson Hall by calling 541-346-9200 or using the UO Advising platform EAB Navigate, available in the Apple AppStore, GooglePlay, and through your web browser.
The INTL Major Admissions Committee will review your completed application, and you will be notified of the committee’s decision by email to your UO email account by the end of Week 6. At the time of notification of your acceptance into the program, you will be notified of a mandatory orientation meeting for all new majors.
If you have any questions or concerns about the application process, please contact the INTL & OCIAS Undergraduate Administrative team at email@example.com.