Mariah Grant, B.A. — 2010

Mariah Grant, Human Rights Consultant

“Upon graduating in 2010 I earned my Master of Arts in Human Rights and Democratisation (Asia-Pacific) from the University of Sydney in Australia. As part of the program I also studied at Mahidol University in Bangkok and conducted thesis field research throughout Thailand. I later worked as a human rights and migration consultant in Thailand with the Global Alliance Against Traffic in Women, Protection International, the Institute of Human Rights and Peace Studies, and the UN Migration Agency. In 2016 I moved to Greece where I worked as a refugee and migrant protection focal point in an informal camp near the border with Macedonia. Currently I live in Portland, Oregon where I am an Advisory Council Member and Migration Specialist for Refugee Assistance and Information Network International. Additionally, I author US and Canada country profiles and case studies for Minority Rights Group International’s annual report, State of the World’s Minorities and Indigenous Peoples and consult for the Department of Labor on their annual report, Findings on the Worst Forms of Child Labor.”