Undergraduate Awards & Scholarships
Judy Fosdick-Oliphant Scholarship
Please note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Oliphant Scholarship competition will be closed for the Spring 2020 term.
The Department of International Studies offers Judy Fosdick Oliphant Scholarships to provide support for international experiences for undergraduate students majoring in International Studies. This award has been made possible by the generous contribution of Judy Fosdick Oliphant. Every Fall, Winter, and Spring Terms, Oliphant Scholarships will be awarded. The award amounts can range from $500 to $3,000, but average approximately $2,000 – $2,500 per awardee.
Donor Use Restrictions* requires students selected to receive awards at the time the student receives notification of the award and at the time the funds are disbursed:
- Enrolled full-time at the University of Oregon
- A major or double-major in International Studies**
- A U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident
*These requirements are non-negotiable. Funds WILL NOT be disbursed if all criteria above are not met.
**This award is not open to Pre-International Studies Majors, unless the student is accepted into the International Studies major during the same term as the scholarship is awarded. Award is contingent upon full admission to the INTL Major.
Oregon Consular Corps Scholarship
Oregon Consular Corps Scholarship is open to applicants each fall, and two $2,500 scholarships will be awarded to University of Oregon Students majoring in International Studies.
Requirements for this award include:
- Cumulative UO G.P.A. of 3.5 or higher
- minimum of 8 credit hours INTL coursework completed prior to starting of term applying
- accepted into the International Studies Major prior to the end of the year of the term applying
- completed 90 total credit hours (junior class standing) prior to the end of the year of the term applying
- maintain full-time student status during the academic year applying