The undergraduate program in the Department of International Studies encourages students to declare the Pre-International Studies (PINS) major.
All students must complete the PINS requirements before applying to the INTL major.
INTL Pre-Major Requirements
- INTL 101
- Two courses from Block A (INTL 199*, 240, 250, 260 and 280)
- Second language sequence started or equivalency demonstrated
- Completed the UO writing requirement (WR 121 and 122 or 123) or equivalency demonstrated (WR 123 is strongly encouraged)
- Cumulative UO GPA of 3.0 or higher; or three consecutive terms of 3.0 or above
- Having completed at least 2 terms at the UO
*Only INTL 199 Globalization & the Global Economy, or an approved substitute, may count as a Block A course option with this course number.
Download the PINS requirement checklist here.
The International Studies undergraduate advisors offer drop-in office hours in 304 PLC every day during weeks 1-10 of Fall, Winter and Spring Terms. Office hours are posted online, in 175 PLC, and throughout the departmental offices located on the first and third floors of PLC. PINS students are strongly encouraged to stop by 304 PLC to receive assistance with applications, ask questions about the program, or check on their academic progress and completion of pre-major requirements.
List Serv for Pre-Majors
Once a student adds the INTL Pre-Major, their uoregon email address will be added to the INTL undergrad list serv, which is used for sharing important departmental information and posts that may be of interest to our undergraduate pre-majors and majors. Changes to office hours, scholarship opportunities, internship opportunities, and graduation information are examples of messages shared on the list serv.