Pre-International Studies Major (PINS)
The undergraduate program in the Department of International Studies requires students to declare the Pre-International Studies (PINS) major. All students must complete the PINS requirements before applying to the INTL major.
- INTL 101
- Two courses from Block A (INTL 199*, 240, 250, 260 and 280)
- Second language sequence started or equivalency demonstrated
- Completed the UO writing requirement (WR 121 and 122 or 123) or equivalency demonstrated (WR 123 is strongly encouraged)
- Cumulative UO GPA of 3.0 or higher; or three consecutive terms of 3.0 or above
- Completed at least 2 terms at the UO (apply your third term, if the other checklist items are complete)
*Only INTL 199 Globalization & the Global Economy, or an approved substitute, may count as a Block A course option with this course number.
Add/Drop the PINS Major
There are two ways to add or drop your PINS Major:
- Email the OCIAS Undergraduate Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org from your @uoregon.edu email address with your name, 95#, and the notice that you want to add or drop the PINS Major, or
- Make an appointment with a member of the Global Connections Advising Team in Tykeson Hall.
How do I schedule a remote appointment with a Global Connections Advisor in Tykeson?
- To schedule a remote “drop-in” appointment M-F, 10-3pm:
- Use the chat function on this website: https://advising.uoregon.edu/tykeson
- Call: 541-346-9200
- To schedule a remote appointment, you can use the chat function on the website, or schedule directly through EAB Navigate. From there, they will receive instructions on using Microsoft Teams for a remote appointment.