TWO MONTHS BEFORE YOU BEGIN THESIS/POLICY PAPER RESEARCH
Contact Research Compliance Services for review and approval of your research project.
CREATING AND PRESENTING YOUR PROPOSAL
Consult Exit Project Guidelines for procedures
- An oral presentation and discussion of the project proposal with your committee is required.
- Register for 1 thesis credit while developing a project proposal.
- When you are ready to present your proposal to your committee, schedule a proposal defense.
- Request an Exit Project Approval Form from the graduate coordinator.
- Return this form after your proposal has been approved via signature by your committee.
- After approval, you may begin working on your thesis.
THE TERM YOU PLAN TO GRADUATE
WEEK TWO: Apply to Graduate
Friday of Week 2 is the last day to apply for a degree.
- When you apply to graduate, you will be asked for your protocol number from Research Compliance Services.
- Deadlines and requirements for graduation
WEEK THREE: Schedule Your Final Presentation
- Work with your committee members and chair to find a day/time that fits for everyone.
- Schedule your thesis presentation with the graduate coordinator.
- Pick up the approval form to take to your thesis defense.
- Fill out and print out the Thesis/Dissertation Submission Form to be signed by your committee chair. This form must be uploaded immediately after you upload your thesis.
- Getting Ready to Graduate provides essential information about submitting your thesis.
WEEK SEVEN or EIGHT: Present your Thesis Defense
WEEK TEN: Upload your Thesis
- Your thesis must be uploaded by 5 p.m. on the Monday of Finals Week.
- Following your thesis upload, please upload your signed Thesis/Dissertation Submission form.
COMMENCEMENT: The Monday following your thesis upload, during spring term.
2013 International Studies Graduates Andrew Howe, Assa Sylla and Jean Faye