Yelena Ablaeva, MA 2012

After graduating in June 2012, I moved to California and worked for the University of California, Riverside, for their International Education Programs. However, after six months of working there, my husband was offered an opportunity to work in the United Kingdom, and we made a decision to move there.

In the UK I worked for the University of Reading and then for Oxford Brookes University in their Study Abroad Offices, with incoming and outgoing exchange students. Then another international opportunity came up for my husband, and after 4 years in the UK, we moved to South Africa, where we are at the moment. Before moving to South Africa, I decided to start my own consulting/study abroad business in the UK.

I started my international education consultancy, International Takeoff Limited, based in London but working with students from all over the world. My consultancy assists students and their families looking for international opportunities abroad. We provide support through the application process and the transition to living, studying and working abroad. In addition to working, our family enjoys traveling and exploring various parts of Africa while we are here.